Monday, June 13, 2005

It's Jacko time

First off, I need to thank David and everyone at Cosmic American radio for being the first radio station to actually accept one of my requests. I’m stunned, I’m one of those guys who picks songs on the jukebox and five hours later they still haven’t been played. Which is probably due to the songs I select but no matter, getting Maggie added to a playlist is a thrill. Now, if you ever need the occasional concert review, just let me know.

Also, it’s only taken six months but I’ve actually added a picture to my profile. Sadly, it is not exactly the one I want. I mean it is a great picture of Deron Williams tying the game against Arizona but I had a few others in mind. For some reason Blogger only wants a picture that is smaller than 50KB, so I have some work to do on a few images that I want to post. Just keep an eye on the space. At least it is no longer this big blank spot any more.

Let’s see what is in the news today. Michael Jackson got off this afternoon…

Ok, let me rephrase that. Michael Jackson was found innocent on all charges. Well, I don’t think anyone questioned whether he could get arrested in LA, convicted was probably another story. Not sure what this implies, other than yet another trial of the century has ended and now we have to wait for the next big scandal to occur. Like I said before, other than the belief that justice should be carried out if required, does anyone really care about Michael Jackson anymore? I’m not even sure if he qualifies as a sideshow. He just seems like some grade school fad that I reminisce about while watching I Love the 80’s on VH-1. You know, like Garbage Pail Kids trading cards. Something that you do not devote a single brain cell to but once you hear the name mentioned you go, “Oh yeah. I used to be so into those.” That might be the saddest statement that I have ever made on a person’s life. That’s celebrity for you.

On other pop culture wagon items, it appears that I am behind the times in terms of entrepreneurial spirit. It seems that people are already selling “Free Katie” shirts on the internet. Yes, the Dawson Creek fans are up in arms about Tom Cruise being the one to snag their dream girl. I will have to say Tom Cruise is either madly in love and has no idea what he is doing or he is putting on his typically bad acting job and is trying to act like he is in love. You’ve got to wonder about the guy’s track record. I mean, props for anyone who can marry both Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman in one lifetime but what does it mean when you divorce both? At that point you have to start to question his mental stability.

Oh, and I want to officially declare the “Vote for Pedro” t-shirt craze over. If you don’t have the shirt already, don’t bother picking one up. This is based on the fact that every t-shirt shop on Bourbon Street (and there are like three thousand of them) had a “Vote for Pedro – New Orleans” shirt in the window. That is the sign that an underground fad has gotten to be a little too popular. We’ll have to think of something a little more creative (and less popular) for the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the Virginia Tech or Atlanta Falcons t-shirt with the #7 on it with the name "Ron Mexico." Bonus points if you can get the replica jersey made.

Anonymous said...

...oh and if you have no idea why that's funny then google any combination of those key words or look for the story a few months back on www.czabe.com or www.thesmokinggun.com

Anonymous said...

this isn't really related to anything, just a cool link.

http://www.michalevy.com/gs_download.html

its some cool animation set to John Coltrane's "Giant Steps"