Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Reality bites back

Ok, I'll try to explain what I think happened to my last two posts. For the past year I've been using the same method to post: write the post in Word, completely ignore the spell check and grammar capabilities of Word and fail to edit the post, copy and paste the entry over into Blogger and post. This has worked perfectly fine for a year. For some reason I can't do that now, even though there is text in the post it completely ignores it. There is an add-in that I'll have to download to post from Word (though that still leaves me copying everything over to my writer's journal at the end of the day anyay) but until then I'm going to use a couple of intermediary steps. Just consider it a good thing that I keep multiple copies of everything that I ever write.

(I'm thinking about my response to the comment on religious bumper stickers. Not quite sure where to go with this one. There's a really deep question at the heart of it "What type of billboard does God require?" I'll let you know when I figure out the answer.)

Of course, there was a very serious matter in the news today that I must address. And that is E! has given the greenlight for a new reality series featuring Lisa Loeb as she reenters the dating world and attempts to find a mate. (I swear, cnn.com had the phrase "find a mate", which might be the most clinical description of dating that I've ever come across) You remember Lisa Loeb. She was that girl who had the single "Stay" on the Reality Bites soundtrack. The one with the video that was shown ever ten minutes for all of 1994. You know, the one with the girl with glasses in the empty apartment all shot in a continuous take. So now it's your chance to date the girl in the glasses in that video you saw in college.

Obviously, I need to find a way to be a part of this show. Just think of all the great conversation topics. "What was Ethan Hawke really like?" "Have you ever thought about contacts?" "Where the hell were you from 1996 to 2004? Seriously, was there like a prison stint that no one ever knew about?" But of course the show is being set in New York, which shows a complete lack of creativity. Wow, a show about being single in New York, haven't seen that before. Let's make this more interesting. Let's have her tour the country, going from town to town on a big tour bus and dating along the way. Sometimes it's a big Friday night in Chicago, other times it's a two bit coffee shop in Peoria. Much more interesting concept.

So I must ask you my faithful reader(s), to help me in my efforts at being a part of this show. I am calling for a demonstration in front of the E! headquarters demanding my participation. I want signs reading "Lisa shouldn't just "Stay" in New York." At the very least, I want a human barricade formed that will not be broken until Taradise is returned to the air. It falls to all of us to drive this change. If they want reality, let's give them reality.

No comments: