Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Come On, It's Tuesday... (reboot)

I’m not even going to try a topic today…
1) License plate of the day: NVR2OLD. Ok, that one was actually a pretty nice thing to read at the end of the day. Not all of them are horrible.2) Sometimes you have to hand it to your local news crews for really getting to the heart of the story. Earlier this week there was a news story about a school’s playground equipment going up in flames in the middle of the night. The announcer very dramatically intoned “possibly arson.” Thanks for keeping the possibility of it not being arson out there, which would be a much bigger news story when you think about it. I mean, “Children’s slide spontaneously bursts into flames” would definitely be a lead story.3) So I watched How I Met Your Mother last night for the first time in its entirety. That show is just being carried by Doogie Howser. I mean, he’s stealing every scene. Which much be pretty disconcerting to the rest of the cast when you find out that the former child star is stealing your thunder. Plus, any show about single guys trying to figure out what the hell they are supposed to be doing with their life is worthwhile in my book. Well, other than the fact that they will probably steal entire sections of my novel for episodes. Can you charge someone with plagiarism over something you haven’t even written yet?4) One other thing, you have to congratulate a show that gives Bob Saget a job. I mean, the guy had to suffer through Full House and America’s Funniest Home Videos. Would you want to go through with the rest of your life knowing that those two shows would be your legacy? The guy has to do something with his life or otherwise he is going to spend the rest of it dreading his obituary.5) I watched a good portion of the Duke game last night. Team looked ok, but definitely wasn’t playing like the number one team in the country. Of course, complaining about a team’s play in mid-November is being rather harsh. It’s nice to see J.J. Reddick back for his twelfth season as a Blue Devil, originally sharing a backcourt with Bobby Hurley if I remember correctly. For those wondering, my immense fandom for Duke, which has been chronicled here before, isn’t as strong as it used to be. I no longer live and die over the results of a basketball team from a school that I technically never attended. I guess this means that I am really growing old.6) Oh, and reason number three hundred and fifty seven why you should watch G4TV: nightly reruns of The Man Show. Add that with the video game reviews and it is the network that I would have programmed when I was 19. Or 29. Or maybe even 39.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't doubt the star power of Neal Patrick Harris! He also stole the show in Harold Kumar Go To White Castle and Undercover Brother.