Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Nothing on my mind

Ok, admittedly yesterday’s post was not one of my better efforts. At some point, trying to be creative five days a week is going to start wearing down on me. Sadly, I don’t know if today’s is going to be any better. Some comments on the world.

1) The Simpsons are celebrating their 350th episode this week. Want to feel old? The kid who just got his driver’s license today wasn’t even born when the first episode was televised. And wasn’t even thought of while the Tracey Ullman show was on the air. Excuse me, I’m going to have to go out and have my midlife crisis now.

2) Sign that you might not be living in that bustling urban center: woke up this morning to news of a cattle truck overturning on the expressway. I don’t even know where to start with that one.

3) I did watch the NFL Draft in high definition over the weekend. Because you have not lived until you have seen Mel Kiper analyze the selection of an offensive tackle from Arizona until you have seen it in crystal clear quality picture with surround sound. There is always that weird vibe with the NFL draft. At times it is cool and exciting, at other times you just realize that you have spent fifteen minutes of your life listening to people discuss the merits of a left tackle who you have never heard of.

4) This is a weird time to be a sports fan in Kansas City. Football season is a long way away. Basketball season is over. I believe the Royals have decided to forfeit all their games in an effort to save money. It’s bad when your best sports option is Nascar. Sure, I’m actually in Nascar fantasy leagues but that just isn’t enough to keep your interest up.

5) Yes, I’m probably the only person on the planet who is both a) in a Nascar fantasy league and b) readily admits to owning Sarah McLachlan CDs. Sometimes I don’t even get myself. I like to think of it as being well rounded. Or confused. One of the two.

6) Nothing else to say as it is just another boring Tuesday night. I’ll increase the creativity tomorrow. Or post something from The Onion. Stay tuned.

No comments: